Get To Know: Matt Kianpour

Back to Article
Back to Article

Get To Know: Matt Kianpour

Matt Kianpour, an RHS Junior and Jacket TV anchor, was re-elected Class President this past week. With summer just on the horizon, and senior year not too far, the Stinger sat with Kianpour to get a feel of what the upcoming senior class might expect for next year. Kianpour has been Class President of 2020 since his freshman year and says his major goals for next year are planning for prom, which Kianpour says his team are already looking at venues for, and getting students involved in senior activities. “We are also selling senior shirts soon,” Kianpour said. “Be on the lookout for a link or an announcement.”

When asked how he plans to further involve RHS students, Kianpour says he plans to continue his surveys. “Throughout the years, the other class officers and I have created many surveys for student input,” Kianpour said. “Also, any student can come up to a class officer or contact our class sponsors, Mrs. Denny and Mrs. Odell.” Kianpour also tells us that the most important mindset students should have for next year should be an eagerness to get involved in school spirit such as theme days, football games, and getting to experience everything RHS has to offer. “[One thing] I’ll enjoy is the front row parking,” Kianpour said. “On a serious note, I plan to work closely with administration to start planning for prom next year.”

Kianpour and his team have already started work on having other events or activities for next year started up soon. Overall, Kianpour wants to focus on making next year one of the best for RHS seniors by making sure that prom’s the best it can be, that students have a voice, and keep their Jacket pride strong. “I would like to start a new class tradition next year,” Kianpour said. “Something the Class of 2020 can start and continue for years to come.”