All About Angel Allies

Back to Article
Back to Article

All About Angel Allies

Students get stressed by mounds of schoolwork or tight deadlines, they struggle with feeling happy or safe; and sometimes, students are fighting an uphill battle with no end in sight. That is why Angel Allies are making Rockwall High School a better and safer place, one meeting at a time. Senior AnnaLaurie Hibbs founded Angel Allies on one belief: to inform the student body on mental health and how to help yourself and others.

Meeting up every other Tuesday, Angel Allies delves into topics such as mental illnesses, life struggles, and learning to cope with it all. Angel Allies has plans to have a guest speaker come in to talk about the sciences behind these issues. “I founded this club because I want to see more help for people with mental health issues at Rockwall,” Hibbs said. “I’ve struggled with that before and I don’t want anyone else to feel like they should have to [alone]. Mental health really needs to be addressed, so students should know it’s okay to be not okay and to seek help.”

Angel Allies has dozens of presentations, ranging from TED Talks to diagrams, over every issue concerning mental health. Students are given the end of the meeting to vent about their problems without worry for judgment or shun. “[I] really want them to have this time to get something off their chest if they have something weighing on them,” Hibbs said. “I’m looking for someone to take on Angel Allies after I leave to carry this on. I want this club to continue to reach out to everyone.” 

With an open and caring environment, Angel Allies guarantees a safe space for any student in need. Whether it is for a place to let out their emotions or to learn more about how to deal with the daily stress of life, Angel Allies makes sure to accommodate education and comfort for anyone who attends. Although the club just started second semester, Hibbs hopes for the club to be able to reach out to everyone it can. “I want people to know they aren’t alone in their journey.”

For more information on Angel Allies, sign up for the remind @angelalli or visit room 2502. Meetings are every other Tuesday after school in room 2502.