The Stinger

Stinger Shout-outs

Stinger Staff

The Rockwall varsity boy’s basketball team started the week off with a match-up vs. the Rowlett Eagles in a Battle of Lake Ray Hubbard. Though the Jackets put up a tough fight, the came up short in the end as the final outcome was 49-60.  Sam Williamson led the team in scoring with 12 points, while Tevin Williams added another 11 points. All of the boy’s teams are competing in the Forney Tournament this weekend. 

The varsity girl’s basketball team competed in the Bishop Lynch Tournament last weekend. In the first game, they defeated Ursuline 70-29. Jordan Mathis led the way with 16, followed by Haley Hicks with 15 (9 points from the 3 point line).  Mya Culiver added 12 points and 8 assists.

On Friday, the Lady Jackets continued the winning streak defeating Greenhill 62-57, propelling them to the championship game. Leading the game was Alena Johnston with 21 points and 7 rebounds.  Haley Hicks added 11 points and 9 rebounds, and Mya Culiver dished out 8 assists.

On Saturday, the girls had a tough loss in the championship game, losing 33-44 against Bishop Lynch. Haley Hicks had 13 points. Mya Culiver and Haley Hicks were named to the All-Tournament Team. 

The Academic Decathlon team traveled to Arizona last weekend to participate in a meet at Canyon Del Oro High School. The Jackets placed third overall, and have set their sights on the upcoming Regional meet in January.

The varsity wrestling team defeated Wylie by a score of 72-0 which propels them to a perfect 3-0 record on the season.

On Wednesday night, the girl’s gymnastics team competed against Grapevine, Colleyville, Irving ISD and Arlington ISD.  The girls dominated the meet with a score of 116.65.

Kaitlynn Scott was first all-around, while Kat Rodriguez and Sarah Graves finished 2nd and 3rd, respectively.

The boy’s gymnastics team also competed in their third meet of the season last night, defeating opposing teams with a score of 170.3. McKay Larman was the top all-around scorer of the meet with Preston Gage, Ryan Szafran, Jake Hodge, Aaron Cory, Sean Denny, and Jack Butcher rounding out the top ten.

The RHS Theatre Department and Spotlight Productions will present two final encore performances of our fall production Peter and The Starcatcher  Saturday, December 10, at 2PM and 7PM.  We want to pack the house for both performances of this fantastic Tony Award-winning prequel to Peter Pan. Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for students. Staff, with an ID, and children under 10 are admitted FREE.

Way to make us proud, Yellowjackets!