The Stinger

Jacket Feast through the eyes of an outlier

Back to Article
Back to Article

Catherine Coronado, Editor-in-Chief

*Authors Note: I have a lot of feelings about Jacket Feast and the chaos that inevitably ensues when we as a student body are subjected to a free hour to wait in lines and eat food. If you’d like to read up on how to make Jacket Feast more bearable, read up on the article I wrote last year here.

Last year, Jacket Feast was a mess. Okay, I said it, and it’s easy to understand why I, an almost five foot tall person, would hate the idea of standing in line and competing for the next spot to have your order taken. Imagine this for a moment: you’re the size of a seventh grader and you’re surrounded by hungry, tired people who have no regard for your wellbeing. It felt like the Walking Dead, except in no way am I Michonne and I definitely would have died had that been the apocalypse. Yeah, I really didn’t like Jacket Feast.

On October 4, year of our lord 2016, I will be subjected to the chaos once more. I can picture it now. I, stomach growling as the aromas of a food truck serving Mexican food, will be pushed into the “short people zone” called the back of the line. It’s inevitable. So though I would love to get my hands on some tacos or pizza (or anything at all, because last year all I got for lunch was a sno-cone), I can pretty much forsee that I’ll be stuck in the line for an eternity.

This is partially my fault, I guess. I mean, I’m too nice. When someone runs into me in the halls, I apologize. When I open a door near someone, I apologize. When I make eye contact with someone for too long, I apologize. So if you hear someone incessantly repeating the words,  “Oops, sorry,” and stepping back to give people room, you’ve probably found me. So, if you take away anything from this article, take away that if you want to walk away from Jacket Feast with a diminished appetite, you’ll need to be assertive.

Another problem I have with Jacket Feast is the amount of money I have to spend to get food. Personally, I don’t feel like paying tons of money for food when Chiloso and Chick-fil-A are just a short car ride away. I think it just makes more sense to allow an off campus lunch a few times a year than to have students feel pressured to spend astronomical amounts on food truck food. Sure, you could argue that those who don’t want to pay can buy a lunch in the lunchroom or bring their own lunch from home, but what’s the fun in that?

In conclusion, I am extremely bitter about the way that Jacket Feast went down last year, but I hope with all my heart that it’ll be a better experience in the future. So, please, do us all a favor and be courteous tomorrow.

About the Writer
Catherine Coronado, Editor-in-Chief

Catherine Coronado is the editor-in-chief of the Rockwall Stinger for the 2016-2018 school years. Catherine is a junior, and is involved in partner theatre,...

1 Comment

One Response to “Jacket Feast through the eyes of an outlier”

1. Jimmy Coronado on October 4th, 2016 3:44 pm

Short people problems!!! lol

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Jacket Feast through the eyes of an outlier

Features

Rockwall Takes on the Block

Jacket Nation

A Goodbye Letter from your Graduating Editor-in-Chief

News

An Epidemic of Fatherlessness

Opinions

What is destroying the desire to read?

Entertainment

This Year’s Oscar Predictions

Opinions

Should students be required to take core classes?

Opinions

Gun Violence in America: The Desensitization of a Generation

Opinions

Dealing with Loss: A Teenager’s Perspective

Opinions

Changes in Dress Code: Two Sides of the Same Story

Opinions

Hollywood: Running Out of Water and Ideas